From: fyl2xp1
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 5:39 PM
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: xmllint - xinclude

OK, not really specific to docbook, well It is
for my project which is entirely in docbook.
But this refers to generating html output.

I am using ant to compile all my docbook
sources, this is no problem. I deciced that
it would be a good idea to modularise
my html pages that are serving the docbook
documents. This was because I had a
common menu which appeared in all
the items so it was tedious to edit all the items'
web pages when I wanted to add a new item.

I pulled the common menu out and placed it in
a separate XML file, then placed xincludes
inside each of the html files to pull the common
menu in. My problem occurs when doing this
using xmllint and its --xinclude option.  Everything
is output fine, except:

&quot;../../nice.css&quot;;</style>

The I need the ../../nice.css bit to be in actual
quotes, not entity references, it seems as though
xmllint changes these references because it thinkgs
they are content in the html page, I have tried
various output options with xmllint but I cannot
seem to fix this problem.  Is there a way to do this,
all I want --xinclude to do is, do the xinclude but leave
the rest of my document untouched.

Regards

Davy