Re: Docbook, utf8 and generating output formats

* Boudewijn Rempt; <boud@valdyas.org> on 02 Aug, 2002 wrote:
(I use SuSE 8.0, with the Jade that's included with SuSE. All other
components are latest stable versions. Jade couldn't find xml.dcl in
the default install, but I fixed that.)
have you looked the below file and adjusted to your needs
/etc/profile.d/sp.sh

especially export SP_CHARSET_FIXED=YES
export SP_ENCODING=XML

I am writing with UTF-8 and I do not have a issue ( just with TeX which I
have fixed with placing the following in jadetex.cfg as otherwise I do
have the Turkish characters)
\global\def\Language{TR}
\inputencoding{latin5}

But with Fop or HTML there is no issue at all

HTH
--

Togan Muftuoglu