Re: absolute links with website2

On Tuesday, March 26, Sylvain Amrani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't want relative links for website pages.
>
> I would like that all the links generated with the website2
> stylesheets look like this:
> http://myserver/path/dir/the-page-in-the-filename-attribute.html
>
> but not this:
> ../directory/filename.html
>
> Is there an easy way to do such things ?

Hi Sylvain,

You're talking about the navigational links, right? There's a simple hack I use
that does the job.

In your site-layout file, in a tocentry element, assign the output filename
attribute the url you want to appear in the navigation links.

It'll generate some funky subdirectories which you can delete after the build.

You'll also need some sort of dummy.xml source file for the page attribute.

Here's an example straight from my site-layout.xml file:

<tocentry page="mailing-lists.xml" id="mailing-lists" filename="mailing-lists.html">
   <title>Mailing Lists</title>

   <tocentry page="dummy.xml" id="dummy"
	filename="http://trinity-heights.org/mailman/listinfo/announce";>

   <tocentry page="dummy.xml" id="dummy"
	filename="http://trinity-heights.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss";>

</tocentry>

<!-- ======== END Lists Pages ========= -->

I have a Makefile that cleans up all the http:... gunk after the build.

The downside is that these links take you off-site, which means you lose the
groovy navigational bar:-)

Lemme know if this achieves what you want it to.

You can test the resulting 'Mailing List' navbar links at this site:

Hope that helps,
Mark

--
Mark Johnson        <mark@duke.edu>