Re: How to translate HTML to DocBook

dbook@centrum.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to translate many HTML sources to DocBook markups. Do you
> know some utility, which can provide it? I read something about
> DynaTag, but it seems that I must define here conversion rules.
> Do you know something "full-automatic"?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --------------------
> Žena v centru pozornosti na http://zena.centrum.cz

I have had some success with html2db
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/html2db/), though it is not perfect.  The
main problem I had is that HTML is not as expressive as DocBook, so the
translation can only go so far.  It also helps if the source is "good"

Beyond any limitations of HTML, one thing to keep in mind is that html2db
uses DSSSL.  Its output is thus based on the DocBook SGML DTD rather than
the XML DTD.  sgmlnorm and sgml2xml come in handy if you want to go to XML.

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916