Re: How to make my own stylesheets?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 01:21:07AM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 05:36:48PM -0800, Carlos Araya wrote:
> > Can anyone point me to what I'm doing wrong, should I write a customization
> > layer to do this?
>
> You shouldn't need a customization layer for this.
> The problem might be the quoting of the argument.
> xsltproc is very particular about its
> parameter data types.  The xsltproc
> man page (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc.html)
> says:
>
>   If the value being passed is a string rather than a node
>   identifier, it must be escaped in quotes, as follows:
>
>   xsltproc --param rootid '"introduction"' stylesheet file
>
> That's double quotes inside single quotes.

  Damn so many people are getting stuck with this, I really need to do
something !
  I really don't want to drop the capability of passing XPath expressions,
maybe the best is to add another xsltproc parameter option just for
passing string parameters to the XSLT processor like:

  xsltproc --stringparam rootid introduction stylesheet file

  Expect something similar in the next release.

Daniel