        <methodparam>
          <type>HttpServletRequest</type>
          <parameter>req</parameter>
        </methodparam>
      </methodsynopsis>
    </term>
  </variablelist>
</sect4>

... and using the HTML backend I get a result like this:

4.2.1.1.1. Methods

staticpublicvoidimportHttpServletRequestreq

    import first uploads the registrations file specified in req,
    validates its content, and then forwards the import request to
    the Regie engine.

    req

        Request the client has made to the servlet. The request data
        includes parameter name and values, attributes, and input
        stream.

What's strange, is that there is no white space between the different
modifiers, method name, and method parameter.

Is there an error in my docbook statements? Is something missing?

Giuseppe