Re: Ordered List Item Numbers

| Actually, that *is* the effect I was looking for. The task is to
| write a FAQ page where the questions would be numbered and the
| answer indented. So
|
| 3.2 What is the question that drives us all?
|     What is the Matrix!

But what you'd get with DLs is:

  3.2
      What is the question that drives us all?
      What is the Matrix!

However, it looks like you're doing an FAQ so you should check out the QandASet
element. It was designed for FAQs and other Q/A sets.

| I was thinking of starting with nested ordered lists because they
| preserved the correct enumeration. At least that's how I interpret
| this passage from TDG regarding ordered lists:
|
| "In a nested list, InheritNum indicates whether or not the
| enumeration of interior lists should include the numbers of
| containing list items. If InheritNum is Inherit then the third item
| of a list inside the second item of a list inside the fourth item of
| a list might be enumerated as ?4.2.3?. If it is Ignore, the default,
| then it would be simply ?3?. (The Numeration attribute controls the
| actual format of the item numbers, of course.)"
|
| Am I missing something?

No, but HTML doesn't support that style of numeration.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Curiosity will conquer fear even