Adding [WINDOWS] to htmlhelp xsls

Jirka and htmlhelp.xsl users,
I've been experimenting with ways to add features to my
htmlhelp-common.xsl generated chms. Rather than trying to fathom the
arcane mysteries of the chm, I cheat and use an hhp editing tool
(http://www.helpware.net/FAR/index.html) to edit the htmlhelp-common.xsl
generated hhp, then modify your xsl to add Default Window=BroadJump to
the [Options] and the [WINDOWS] section that FAR generates when I tell
it what features and buttons I want. Everything works except that I no
longer have an index in my chm. I can get one if I use FAR to generate
an Index.hhk file and name it in the [WINDOWS] section (between toc.hhc
and defaulttopic.html).

Here's my question: Is there a way I can add features to the chm output
that apparently require you to create a [WINDOWS] section in the hhp?
Perhaps there's a command line option to the html help compiler that I
can use to cause it to generate an Index.hhk file? If not, should I
submit a feature request that htmlhelp.xsl also generate an index.hhk
file along with its toc.hhc file so that I can have my [WINDOWS] section
point to it.

If I could get this working, it should be possible to add parameters to
htmlhelp.xsl like "include.textzoom.button", "show.favorites.tab" and so
on.

Samples:

If I use this in my hhp, I get extra bells and whistles in my chm, but
no index:
[WINDOWS]
BroadJump="BroadJump","toc.hhc",,"defaulttopic.html","defaulttopic.html"
,,,,,0x63420,234,0x10387E,[14,3,827,708],0xB0000,,,,,,0

If I use FAR to generate an Index.hhk file, I can modify the tail to
point to it, and get bells, whistles, and an index:
[WINDOWS]
BroadJump="BroadJump","toc.hhc","Index.hhk","defaulttopic.html","default
topic.html",,,,,0x63420,234,0x10387E,[14,3,827,708],0xB0000,,,,,,0

Thanks,
David