RE: DocBook to man pages XSL

> Are you using one of the text-based web browsers
> to convert HTML to text?  I'm currently using
> "links" (no, not lynx) from
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/
> and it handles tables nicely.  It even does
> frames!
>
> And then there is the venerable lynx which I think
> handles tables now, and another
> called w3m from Japan
> http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/
>
> All of these have a "dump" option to let you save
> the generated text into a file.

No, I tried but could not build any of those on our Solaris environment. The
only  binary I got working was links on W32, which is unsupported. It looks
fine, but I haven't figured out how to dump to a text file yet!

So for now we're using Gavin Spearhead's html2text, an unsupported freeware
Windows app that's reasonably configurable and does a nice job with tables.

Thanks,
Denis

//Why do Hell's Angels wear leather? Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.