Re: XSL from DocBook refEntry -> man

>To: docbook-apps at lists.oasis-open.org
>Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: XSL from DocBook refEntry -> man
>From: David Hardeman <david at 2gen.com>
>Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 01:51:24 +0200
>
>I'm wondering (cause I couldn't find any mentioning of it in the
>archives or in the XSL sheets made by Norman Walsh) if anyone has made
>any XSL stylesheets to convert refEntry DocBook documents to man pages?
>(it does seem strange if noone had done it before). If not, I'd be happy
>to start working on such a sheet.

This thread has been quiet for awhile. I'm curious

1) whether the nice man above is still working on such a sheet, and

2) if not, people think docbook2X is the best way to go?

We've been doing both authoring and docbook.xsl transformation on Windows,
and so I'm hoping to avoid installing and building a whole new environment
on UNIX, as docbook2x apparently requires. Yes, even though the man pages
will run on UNIX.

Thanks,
Denis