XSL customization : chunking new element at sect1 level

[Get raw message]
I have added my own elements at the same level of <sect1>, because I'd
like these elements to be chunked in a similar way to <sect1> elements.

My customization layer adds support for my elements (e.g. <apidef>), and
I've updated all XSL stylesheets that process <sect1> elements. However,
chunker.xsl generates the following message:

Error commandlineprogramdef is not a chunk!
Writing  for commandlineprogramdef
Error on line 116 of
file:/m:/doc/doc/tools/xsl/docbook-xsl-1.45/html/chunker.xsl:
  Failed to create output file
Transformation failed: run-time errors were reported
*** Error code 2
clearmake: Error: Build script failed for "index.htm"

I'm using Instant Saxon 6.4.3 on Win2k. I've updated chunk-common.xsl to
cater for my elements, as well as titlepage.templates.xml (which makes no
difference).

Has anyone successfully done this? If so, what am I missing? I've been
through the chunk.xsl and all of the imported and included XSL files with
a fine tooth comb, and I've updated them with code to add support for my
<apidef> and such elements. So now I'm at a loss...

My customization layer adds the following code to the
standard html\titlepage.xsl file:

  <!-- Start of additions to html/titlepage.xsl -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="commandlineprogramdef.titlepage.recto.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
<xsl:attribute-set name="commandlineprogramdef.titlepage.verso.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>

<xsl:attribute-set name="guiprogramdef.titlepage.recto.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
<xsl:attribute-set name="guiprogramdef.titlepage.verso.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>

<xsl:attribute-set name="apidef.titlepage.recto.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
<xsl:attribute-set name="apidef.titlepage.verso.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>

<xsl:attribute-set name="envardef.titlepage.recto.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
<xsl:attribute-set name="envardef.titlepage.verso.style"
                   use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>

  <!-- End of additions to html/titlepage.xsl -->

My customization of chunk-common.xsl adds code for <apidef> at all places
where <sect1> is processed (too long to post here...)

TIA,

Gershon