Chunk formatting of Chapters

I almost have my html output exactly as I want it but for two small
problems I can't solve:

1.  I want to remove the word "Chapter" from each Chapter and replace it
with something else (eg; instead of "Chapter 1" I would like "Topic 1").
I have searched for where the word is inserted in the xsl sheets but
can't find it anywhere. Is this hardcoded?

2.  In the final output I need to distinguish the Chapter title on a
page from the sect1 title.  Currently they are both output as <h2> and I
would like to output Chapter titles as <H1> instead.  Has this been done
anywhere?

No near and yet so far...

Thanks in advance
Brendan Boyle