Re: ToC

> From: Ken Walton <kenw@ddd.co.za>
>
> I am using DocBook 4.1.2. with Xalan and the DocBook XSL.
>
> I want to be able to increase my table of content levels on the chapter
> pages in my book but not on my main ToC. Does anyone know if this is
> possible.

I presume you mean for HTML output, in which case it does
not appear to be possible by changing a parameter.  Both
the book TOC and the chapter TOC use the same global
parameter 'toc.section.depth'.  You'd have to create
a customization layer that defined a new parameter
and a modified TOC-generating template to use it.
The TOC machinery is not simple, however.
This would make a fine feature request, though.  8^)

> I am also attempting to have my figures and tables included in the ToC. I
> have tried <xsl:param name="titles" select="'figure'"/> in my customization
> layer but I'm still having no joy.

It seems that these are supported in the fo stylesheets for
PDF output, but not in the html stylesheets.  If you look
in the fo/param.xsl file, you'll see these parameters:

<xsl:param name="generate.division.figure.lot" select="1" />
<xsl:param name="generate.division.example.lot" select="1" />
<xsl:param name="generate.division.equation.lot" select="1" />
<xsl:param name="generate.division.table.lot" select="1" />

But these are not in html/param.xsl, nor do they appear
in the html templates.  8^(
Another feature request.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com