Re: Can website dtd do page "masters"?

/ "Lassi A. Tuura" <lat@iki.fi> was heard to say:
| If anyone has other ideas, I'd love to hear...

My "in the shower this morning thoughts" were along these lines.

First, mentally carve the web page into components. What are those
components (wsc:)? Head, Body, ToC-vertical, ToC-horizontal, Nav-Head,
Nav-Foot.  (Maybe there need to be more, but let's say that's a
start.)

Second, build an XHTML template that uses namespaces to refer to those
components. So the "tabular" stylesheets are currently using an implicit
template that looks something like this:

<head>
<wsc:head/>
</head>

(Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the idea.)

Now modify the stylesheet so that it transforms a webpage by actually
doing what amounts to an identity transform on the template except
that it "fills in" the wsc components.

I dunno if that'll work or not, but it's my current half-baked idea.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Convictions are more dangerous enemies