Re: Strategies & Tips Sought for Single Sourcing w/DocBook

/ "Cornelius, Peter" <peter.cornelius@comsoft.de> was heard to say:
| ... I intend to do a similar thing but after reading some of the Definitve
| Guide and Learning XML (both O'Reilly), I concluded that I was better off
| introducing a customization layer with special attributes (not that I knew
| right now how to any of this ;-))... Does anyone have any hints on
| advantages and drawbacks of either approach? I would prefer 'the XML way',
| though.

If you want to have conditional text in DocBook XML, the effectivity
attributes are the way to go. There's no need to create new
attributes, they're provided in the stock DTD.

Then do as Jirka suggested, convert "profiled XML DocBook" to "a
single profile XML DocBook" document then format that for
presentation.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--