Re: customizing XSL titlepages

At 02:18 17/09/2001 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:

>The titlepage elements are processed in various
>modes, so that might be why your new template is
>being missed.  I was able to get <holder> wrapped
>in <P> with these templates in a customization layer:
>
><xsl:template match="copyright" mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode" >
>     <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode"/>
></xsl:template>
>
><xsl:template match="holder" mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode" >
>    <P>
>         <xsl:apply-templates/>
>    </P>
></xsl:template>
>
>I don't think you need to include the <year/> and
><holder/> elements in your titlepage.templates.xml
>spec file, because templates are applied to the
>children of copyright anyway.  I just needed to
>specify the templates in the right mode.  The one
>for copyright is just to pass the mode down to
>the holder template, since modes are not automatically
>propagated to children.  Hope this is something
>that helps.

Thanks Bob. It was the moded templates I've missed.

I guess its the same for revhistory?
I put a straight template for revhistory in my top level stylesheet
and Norm ignored it! The cheek of the fellah :-)
One occasion when import precedence doesn't work out.

<grin type="documentary">How to document the list of moded templates?</grin>

Thanks, DaveP