Re: how to do a glossary with htmlhelp.xsl?

"Bradford, Denis" wrote:

> HTML Help appears to support popups for displaying glossary terms, and
> that's probably the way we want to go, although we might settle for
> something quick and dirty like a glossary page.
>
> Before I look into customizing the stylesheets, I'd like to confirm that
> there isn't an out-of-the-box implementation of a glossary using
> htmlhelp.xsl.

No, there is no out-of-the-box implementation. It would be quite easy to
add to each ocurrence of term marked by something like firstterm or
glossterm code which will produce pop-up box with description taken from
glossary.

> If anyone has done some customization for HTML Help glossaries or similar
> beast, I would welcome some guidance.

If you look at the documentation which is shipped with HTML Help
Workshop, you will see how pop-ups are encoded in result HTML for HTML
Help Compiler. Then you must customize XSLT stylesheets to generate this
code for appropriate elements. It shouldn't be hard to do it,
unfortunatelly I'm too busy to do this now by myself.

					Jirka