how to do a glossary with htmlhelp.xsl?

A fishing expedition: any experience/thoughts on doing an HTML Help
glossary?

HTML Help appears to support popups for displaying glossary terms, and
that's probably the way we want to go, although we might settle for
something quick and dirty like a glossary page.

Before I look into customizing the stylesheets, I'd like to confirm that
there isn't an out-of-the-box implementation of a glossary using
htmlhelp.xsl.

If anyone has done some customization for HTML Help glossaries or similar
beast, I would welcome some guidance.

Thanks,
Denis