Re: indexing an entire set

Hi Claus,

We faced the challenge of indexing a set of books last year,
particularly how to incorporate some kind of functionality with the
"local", "global", and "all" scope attributes on <indexterm>s.

We modified Norm's collateindex.pl to do this, and posted a diff file to
this newsgroup at that time (before the days of sourceforge), but I
don't think our customizations were incorporated into collateindex.pl.
At any rate, we also wrote a perl script that used our modified
collateindex.pl to let us generate a number of different kinds of
indices for books and sets.  We also had to modify our DSSSL stylesheet
to produce the correct output.  I know you are working with the XML
stylesheets, but you can view these at the links below, and are welcome
to take what you need and use it as you see fit.

http://24.112.178.91/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateindexpl.html
http://24.112.178.91/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateall.html
http://24.112.178.91/cogent/prepdoc/pd-customizingthedssslstylesheets.html#PD-COGENTBOTHDSLFILE
(towards the bottom)

Claus Rasmussen wrote:

> I've successfully made indexes for my books. Now I want to combine some books
> in a set - is there no way of making an index for the entire set?

Cheerio!

Bob