Re: readable HTML output

Cushman-san wrote:

> I am writing an XSL wrapper for html/chunk.xsl. This works very nicely, but
> I have had some difficulty debugging because there are never any linebreaks
> in the output, making it impossible to read. Is there anything I can do to
> make the HTML output more readable?

Yes, there is.  In your custom xsl file include the following line:

  <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

This will format nicely indented tags.

The only drawback to this is if you have something like <computeroutput> or
<programlisting> in your XML, it will get indented - which is probably not
what you want.  But you can turn indent back to "no" (the default) when
you're done debugging (keeping in mind that some things won't be as they
appear).

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Westbay