Re: TQM/ISO9000 series

At 01:19 AM 7/20/01, Robert Collins wrote:
>Has anyone here looked at using docbook, or a variant thereof as part of
>a quality management process (other than for writing the documentation
>about the product)?

Which part of the QA process?
Processes do need people to operate... in fact its v. hard without them.

>We're currently using a manual process, and are looking at automating
>much of it. The goal is to have a backend system that keeps track of the
>document audit trails/signoff and the like, and produces a website that
>follows our document authoring policies.

'helps produce a website that follows policies' sounds about right.
The rest is (IMHO) a bit remote for docbook.

>Docbook seems like the ideal content->process->display mechanism, but
>things like the 1001 registers and audit trails will need to be
>integrated in. CVS and a few minor scripts can quite possibly provide
>the audit trails, leaving just finding a good way to manage the
>registers without making the system hard to use...

I think there is a disjoint in the above paragraph.
Could be just me.

Just my 0.002Euro.
Regards DaveP.
  BPI, Chx agent, 12 yrs iso9000, EFQM auditor.