Re: instant(1), and collapsing white space

At 10:20 PM 7/3/01, Nik Clayton wrote:
>Anyone here still using instant(1)?

>Does anyone know how to turn this behaviour off?  After going through
>the instant(1) and nsgmls(1) man pages I can't see anything that looks
>like it might do it, but I thought it worth a shot on the 'net.

No, but I do know that a single pass with xslt with whitespace
selected to compress (

<xsl:stylesheet ...>
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

)

will remove them all.
Use this in combination with the identity transform and
you have the input you want.

HTH DaveP