Re: XML and PSGML

ben wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know (X)Emacs, and I would like to try it to write XML files and
> debug some XSL stylesheets.
>
> The problem I have is that the rendering done by PSGML (colored
> keywords) works only for files with the .sgml extension. Files with .xml
> extension are not recognized. I know that it is not really a docbook
> related problem, but if someone can give some advice...
>
> I use:
> * XEmacs 21.1.9
> * PSGML 1.2.2

Here's the color info - maybe XAE is a better deal as Sebastian
suggests.

 (set-face-background 'sgml-tag "white")
 ;; (set-face-background 'sgml-tag "grey90")
 ;; (set-face-foreground 'sgml-tag "grey60")
 (set-face-foreground 'sgml-tag "blueviolet")

 (setq sgml-markup-faces
       '((start-tag . sgml-tag)
         (end-tag   . sgml-tag)
         (comment   . font-lock-comment-face)        ;; comment
declaration
         ;; ignored      - ignored marked section
         ;; ms-end       - marked section start, if not ignored
         ;; ms-start - marked section end, if not ignored
         (pi        . bold)                          ;; processing
instruction
         (sgml      . highlight)                     ;; SGML declaration
         (doctype   . font-lock-string-face)         ;; doctype
declaration
         (entity    . font-lock-reference-face)      ;; general entity
reference         (shortref  . font-lock-function-name-face)));; short
reference

(setq sgml-set-face t)

eric
p.s. these are from Karl E. and other people on this and other lists