Re: Newbie question about XMetaL and XEmacs

Ed,

Many, many thanks for your considered reply. I guess I understated somewhat
my desire to also be standards-based (which today, to me, means XML). I
also know what junky HTML Word creates and I wanted to avoid that. I also
saw the Journalist DTD as well as the simplified DocBook referred to on the
OASIS site. I don't want to do simple HTML as I like the fact that XML is
structured, and as I understand its process, that would help instill a
measure of discipline in those using it. You are perfectly correct in your
concerns about the human side, and I was by no means forgetting them - I
realize I have a selling job to do there, but wanted to get some technical
perspectives, too.

Again, many thanks.

At 17:36 24/6/2001, you wrote:
>If XML, why DocBook? The richness of the possibilities offered by DocBook
>goes a long way beyond what you would ordinarily need to do web.

Des