Re: Q) newbie to docbook and chunking

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Holger Rauch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Rafael R. Sevilla wrote:
>
> > Frankly, I found the DSSSL route much too clunky, so I decided to go the
> > XSL route.  Three things are needed to do it this way:
> > [...]
>
> At least when using FOP, I don't have the impression that the XSL
> route is yet ready for DocBook. One has to explicitly specify column
> widths in tables, chapter/section names in headers are not yet
> supported because fo:marker (hope I got it right) is yet missing in
> FOP, etc. I also heard of some difficulties when working with larger
> documents (which means more than some 20 pages).

True, true.  Only because Jade is a better DSSSL processor than FOP is an
XSL-FO processor.  But then hopefully FOP will improve as time goes by,
provided there is enough motivation for such improvement.

> > [...]
> > Rahtz's PassiveTeX.  The latter can be used to typeset MathML, but it's
> > relatively more difficult to set up than FOP (standard TeX installations
> > that come with the Linux distros I use don't work very well...I had to get
> > the 250 meg TeXLive ISO to do it!).
>
> Could you please post the URL where it can be downloaded from?

PassiveTeX:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/

The TeX Live CD:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/

--
Rafael R. Sevilla <sevillar@team.ph.inter.net>   +63(2)   8177746 ext. 8311
Programmer, InterdotNet Philippines              +63(917) 4458925