Re: Section numbering depth

/ Greg Gallagher <greg@dahak.com> was heard to say:
|    We're currently using jade and DSSSL currently to render
| PS/HTML/whatever ... what is the path of least resistance to modify
| how sections are numbered in the chapters and TOC?  Do we need to
| switch to DockBookXML + XSL?  Is there a parameter I can play with?
| Help!  I have no idea..

Write a customized stylesheet that includes:

;; Returns the depth of auto TOC that should be made at the nd-level
(define (toc-depth nd)
  (if (string=? (gi nd) (normalize "book"))
      3
      1))

(If 3 isn't quite right, try 4. I forget where counting starts.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Throughout history the world has