Re: olinks

/ Bill Lawrence <bill.lawrence@ansys.com> was heard to say:
| Olinks potentially solve that problem, but I'm not sure how much support for
| them is included in the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  I've been puzzling through
| the XSL code to figure this out, but if anyone has used them I would greatly
| appreciate some guidance.

Olinks create links between two source documents, A.xml pointing to
B.xml, for example. The hard part is knowing what reference to
generate in A.html to point to the right place in B.html. If you can
build a little machinery to do that, everything is fine.

The Website2 doctype (previously and still officially unannounced because
it suffers from a total lack of documentation :-/) solves this problem
by building a special TOC file.

You can check it out of the DocBook CVS at SourceForge, if you want to
play with it. Make sure you checkout the 'V2-branch' branch.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | We cannot put off living until we