Re: Summary 2 for"New to DocBook: XML or SGML, Clark or Open?"

Prikryl,Petr writes:
.
> If you have time and you are willing to share your experience, please do it.

I can add a comment...

> > > Briefly first, more details below in the text:
> > >
> > >  - Should I be oriented towards SGML or XML when starting
> > >    with DocBook as a total greenhorn?
> > >
> > >    [from other thread] Are there any benefits to XML over
> > >    SGML when it comes to DocBook? Is it worth my time to
> > >    learn Java and fix those XSLT engines, or is it better
> > >    spent learning scheme and DSSSL?

Go with XML. The jade/DSSSL toolset works fine for processing XML
sources, but you also have the option of using the XSL tools. And,
IMHO, XSLT is easier to learn than DSSSL, thereby making the
stylesheets easier to customize. You'd probably find it easier to
generate good print output with the DSSSL tools at present, but this
will change.

> > Thanks for your time,
> >
> > Petr
> >
> > --