Re: Customizing htmlhelp

Dmitry Tkatchenko wrote:

> I created htmlhelp file with MS's HTML Help Workshop v4.74
> I dod this after converting docbook xml document with saxon and htmlhelp
> stylesheets to html files and workshop project.
> I wonder if there are any cuctomise sty;esheets to produce a better looking
> htmlhelp, e.g. with different background, font, etc.?

The easiest and the most flexible way is to write CSS stylesheet for
generated files. If you look at the generated HTML files, you will
recognize that many HTML elements have CLASS attribute set to name of
correspondig DocBook tag. Using this, you can very easily create CSS
file.

After setting following parameters in your customization layer,
reference to CSS file will be automatically included in every generated
file.

<xsl:param name="html.stylesheet">name_of_your.css</xsl:param>

I am not sure, if HTML Help compiler will automatically compile-in
referenced stylesheet. If not, just add corresponding line into
htmlhelp.hhp file and send me notice. I'll correct stylesheet to
automatically list the .css file in project files.

Jirka