PDF and single file HTML output

I have a problem with a "professional" organization
that can't handle (read/print) postscript. I now have to
generate either a single HTML file, or a PDF file,
from DocBook. I am using Linux, RedHat 6, with a
stock install as of last year. rpm -qa gives:

docbook-3.1-5
tetex-doc-1.0.7-1
jadetex-2.7-0
jade-1.2.1-4
sgml-common-0.1-3
psgml-1.2.1-1
libxml-1.8.6-2
stylesheets-0.10-2

Cygnus stylesheets, PNG extended, but no images used.
Any recommended upgrades? Any known problems?

db2html has no --help, but there is a comment in the
script:

 # it's best to make a new directory with several html files in it
 #cat $* | jade -d $DB_STYLESHEET -t sgml -V nochunks > $TMPFN

Can I trivially reactivate this line? Is there a db2shtml?
Thanks,

                                             b.