images and docbook

Hello

i have observed that norman with recent style sheets has moved the images
directory with a few default images for callout etc

but my  problem is it gets marked up in the final out put something like this

../images/note.png

etc etc
notice the two periods(..) before the /images  ( path to the default directory)
and the images doesnt get displayed even if i move the directory to the place
where i have my out put
for example if i have all my images in a directory called
/home/maddy/nincompoop/*.html
and i move these images directory into nincompoop and it look like this now:
/home/maddy/nincompoop/
*.html
/images
but no go nothing  happens
but if i move it  to my top level directory it gets displayed for example something like this
/home/maddy/images/
/home/maddy/nincompoop/

this i guess is because of the two(2) periods before the image directory in the
source
but this causes problem if i want to pack my output as downloadable
how do i fix this any hints

regards

have fun but do take care
maddy
PS: in the whole process do i look like an idiot? ;))