Re: Newbie: XSL and HTML-Transformation with XT

> From: Ali Saffari <asaffari@pironet.com>
>
> right now I am using DocBook-XML and the XSL-Dirtibution from Norman
> Walsh. I am very happy that I've decided to work with DocBook and
> Everything is working fine except one thing:
>
> The first file of the HTML and HTML-Help output contains a corrupt
> namspace declaration for the HTML-Tag, even if I use the example
> xml-files distributed with the stylesheets (idxbook.xml).
>
> This is the first line of the output generated by XT
>
> tml xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
> xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon"
> xmlns:xalanredirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"><head>
>
> so the "<html" characters are missing!
>
> Obviously this error occurs only if I use the XT extensions for creating
> multiple files output. If I turn off this extensions for the HTML-Output
> (one single file as output), a correct <html> is generated!!
>
> Does anybody knows what I am doing wrong here? Is this a bug in XT or
> does it also appear on other XSLT engines. Since I have to generate
> HTML-Help
> I need to stay with XT, so please help me if you can!

Actually, according to your mail, just the first two
characters "<h" seem to be missing.
You seem to have the "tml" .

I just tested xt with the latest Docbook XSL 1.23
on idxbook.xml using the stylesheets html/docbook.xsl,
html/chunk.xsl, and contrib/htmlhelp/docbook.xsl,
and they all produce complete output.

Perhaps you could describe your setup (platform,
versions, command line, etc.).

I don't follow why you need to stay with XT for HTML-Help.
The contrib/htmlhelp/docbook.xsl stylesheet file imports
html/chunk.xsl and has methods for chunking
in saxon and xalan too.

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs@sco.com