newbie question about installing emacs/psgml

Title: newbie question about installing emacs/psgml

Hi there,
I'm new to DocBook and emacs, but am impressed with the power that both offer. I'm currently installing emacs on my home and work Windows machines. I've got things working "kind of". It seems to take emacs an excessive amount of time to parse DocBook. I'm pretty sure that I have not successfully completed or understood the following steps from Lennart Staflin's instructions <http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/about_psgml/psgml.html>. Could anybody explain more fully what these steps mean for someone doing this on a windows machine?

Thanks for your help,
David

"You can use the configure command to configure the package or you can load the file `psgml-maint' and execute the psgml-compile-files command.

Place the `*.el' and the `*.elc' files in a directory where Emacs can find it (i.e. one of the directories in the load-path variable, you can add a directory to this variable in your `.emacs'.)

If you use the configure approach, compile psgml with make and the you can run make install to install it in the system library `site-lisp'. The files are installed in a subdirectory named `psgml'. The location of `site-lisp' is figured out by configure, but you can change it in the `Makefile'. You need to make sure that this subdirectory is in Emacs load-path."