Re: Extending Norm's stylesheets to process <docinfo>

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 03:26:18PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
> | Before I embark on the path, has anyone produced an extension to Norm's
> | stylesheets that handle the DocInfo element and children?
>
> Er, other than me, you mean?

Any published examples?  I know that the code's there in dbinfo.dsl, I was
hoping for something that actually extended things to produce output.

> You just need to redefine a few lists and they'll start to appear in
> the output. Then you may need to tweak a few moded element rules to
> get the right appearance.

Ha ha.  That's easy for you to say.  You know what you're doing :-)

OK, to move this out of the abstract, suppose I have the following as
part of my document:

    <docinfo>
      <authorgroup>
	<author>
	  <firstname>Sean</firstname>
	  <surname>Kelly</surname>
	  <affiliation>
	  </affiliation>
	  <contrib>Wrote the initial version of this chapter,
	    provided the majority of the examples.</contrib>
	</author>

	<author>
	  <firstname>Jim</firstname>
	  <surname>Mock</surname>
	  <affiliation>
	  </affiliation>
	  <contrib>Edited and updated the chapter in preparation for
	    producing the commercially printed FreeBSD
	    Handbook.</contrib>
	</author>
      </authorgroup>

      <date>Nth MMMM, YYYY</date>
    </docinfo>

By default, the stylesheets won't do anything with this information.  I can
get some of it to appear by putting

    (element docinfo (process-children))
    (element (docinfo authorgroup) (process-children))
    (element (docinfo date) (process-children))

in my stylesheet.  However, the affiliation information (and in particular,
the e-mail address) is ignored, as is the <contrib> stuff.

From what I can see, the stylesheets already have code to handle these
elements, in dbttlpg.dsl.  Can I (in my customisation) make it use the
existing formatting code for this information, or do I need to rewrite
the code for this element context?