Re: Graphic on Title Page

/ Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
| How do I have to modify the "print" version of "dbttlpg.dsl" if I want a
| title page that looks roughly like the following:

The "easy" way, in some sense, would be to put these elements in the
<*info> wrapper, so that the existing code would do approximately
the right thing:

<bookinfo> <!-- bookinfo, I'm guessing, but you didn't say -->
  <graphic filref="companylogo.gif"/>
  <title>The title</title>
  <author>...</author>
  <copyright>...</copyright>
</bookinfo>

| - After the top margin, there should be the company logo, appearing
| centered

In the stylesheet, set

(define %titlepage-in-info-order% #t)

Now you'll get the elements you want on the page in the right order.

| - Below the company logo, there should be some space until the middle of
| the page
| - Then there should be a centered horizontal line
| - a small amount of space
| - The title of the document, right justified
| - The author's name in small caps, right justified
| - a small amount of space
| - In the lower third of the page there should be the copyright notice
| (copyright sign, holder, and the year) appearing centered

To get the formatting you want, write construction rules in your
stylesheet customization that "do the right thing":

(mode book-titlepage-verso-mode

  (element graphic ...)
  (element title ...)
  (element author ...)
  (element copyright ...)

)

| This whole stuff here leads me to another question: Is there any good
| DSSSL tutorial? (By "good" I mean one that covers the creation of style
| sheets from scratch and that is made up like a tutorial, not like a
| reference).

Not that I know of. XSL is a better bet, if you've an eye to the future.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The years teach us much which the