Rules width in header

I'm trying to keep up with the layout my company has been using in our documentation.
So I need to put rules -horizontal lines- before and after the header. I have made a try
modifying the $title-header-footer$ definition in "dbcompon.dsl" as follows:

-------------------------------****------------------------------------
(define ($title-header-footer$)
  (let* ((title (if (equal? (gi) (normalize "refentry"))
		   ($refentry-header-footer-element$)
		   ($title-header-footer-element$))))
    ;; THIS IS MINE
    (make sequence
	(make rule
	  orientation: 'horizontal
	  line-thickness: %object-rule-thickness%
	  display-alignment: 'start
	  space-after: (/ %block-sep% 3)
	  keep-with-next?: #f)
    ;; END OF MINE
      (make sequence
    	font-posture: 'italic
      (with-mode hf-mode
	(process-node-list title))
	;; THIS IS MINE
	(make sequence
	(make rule
	  orientation: 'horizontal
	  line-thickness: %object-rule-thickness%
	  display-alignment: 'start
	  space-after: (/ %block-sep% 3)
	  keep-with-next?: #f) )))))
      ;; END OF MINE

------------------------------*****--------------------------------------

I have found that it works well with the Jade rtf backend. But if I use the
tex backend, Latex generates two rules whose width is more or less the same
than the header (I mean width, no thickness). i.e. too short.

Obviously, I don't know enough about the DSSL syntax, and I'm not sure if this
is a LaTex problem or if I should concatenate in some way the rules with the
page content, no with the header content. But how?

I use DSSL version 3.1 and Jade 1.2.1 with SP 1.3.3 (for win32).
For LaTex I use MikTex 1.20d

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Juan R. Migoya