Re: Xalan with docbook.xsl problem

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Does it work with other XML parsers? my experience is that Xerces is
> at adds with other software. It won't accept the TEI Lite XML DTD
> either. If it works with another XSLT implementation like XT, report a
> bug, and forget Xalan until it works....
>
> Sebastian

It does work with XT but I wanted to use the Xalan - FOP chain to
process my XML docs, since I found it quite attractive to get PDF
documents through a little java program. I wanted to get around TeX,
since I'm working half linux, half wintel, and maintaining two different
TeX implementations ... I just don't have the time anymore to figure out
all the platform specific hooks.
And since the apache FOP has problems with the FOP tree from XT... and
so on, and so on...
I meanwhile switched bach to SGML/Jade/pdfjadetex and do at least get
pdf docs again :-)

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/departments/ChemInf)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Carl-Zeiss-Promenade 10, 07745 Jena, Germany

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..