Re: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jan 31 00:15, Mark Geisert wrote:
PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:
Hi Mark,

in my email (https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-12/msg00194.html) i described 2 approaches. I prefer  nr 1.
Here the part of the source in bindresvport.c:
[...]
[...]

I'm a bit puzzled here in terms of using your own bindresvport.  Cygwin
implements bindresvport{_sa} for quite some time, 2006 or earlier.

Yeesh; I did not know that. Thanks for pointing that out. So that means there's another possible way to try solving the OP's issue: by using Cygwin's bindresvport* in place of the one supplied with libtirpc.

If we see the OP's issue with Cygwin's bindresvport*, I think it makes more sense to patch libtirpc than to change Cygwin's bindresvport*. The crux of OP's issue is that libtirpc's code expects to see EADDRINUSE errors from bind() whereas on Cygwin they aren't often seen until you connect().

I'll look into using Cygwin's bindresvport() in the next day or two.
Thanks all,

..mark