cron running but not executing user crontab

Bit of a conundrum here.  Running WIN7 and cygwin64.  Have the terminal running and Perl is installed and runs.  AFAIK, that all works.  Used cygrunsrv to get cron going.  I can see cron in a ps -af in the terminal.  I set up a crontab for my user and it's in /var/cron/tabs by using crontab -e.

Doesn't seem to be running anything in the crontab.  I had wanted to run a Perl script in a Windows Directory outside the cygwin structure but using the /cygdrive/c etc path.  Ain't working.  Even tried the simplest thing I could think of and created a line date > dt.txt on it.  Normally, under *nix this  would put the results of date in dt.txt in the home directory.  Not there.

Just isn't running anything as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions.  I'd like to get this working.  Want am I missing? Help  appreciated.  Thank you

--

Chris Johnson 	rchristopherjohnson@gmail.com
Ex SysAdmin, now, writer 	/The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.