Re: WG: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use

(3rd attempt at sending this)

PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:
Hello Mark,

is there any news with respect to libtirpc? Very important: I need it in Cygwin 2.5.1.

I neglected to report what I found; sorry for that. The difference(s) between the vanilla libtirpc 1.0.1 that you downloaded and the one supplied by Cygwin are due to the patches applied as part of the Cygwin build. If you have the Cygwin package's source downloaded and unpacked with 'cygport prep' you can find these patches in /usr/src/libtirpc-1.0.1-1.src.

I noticed one of the patches is a security fix. I suspect one or more of these patches are causing the difficulty you're having but I don't know enough about RPC in general to set up a test environment and can't devote time to digging further. This is as far as I can go. Apologies again for not stating this.
Regards,

..mark