Re: Cygwin on Win10 much slower than Win7

> On Nov 2, 2017, at 12:15 PM, Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis@conduent.com> wrote:
> …
> I first noticed the problem with cygpath:
> On Win 7:
>
> $ time cygpath abc
> abc
>
> real    0m0.016s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.015s
> $
>
> On Win 10:
>
> $ time cygpath abc
> abc
>
> real    0m0.105s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.062s

I have Win7x64 and Win10x64 VM's on the same physical Mac, both configured identically WRT disk, memory, etc. Both were just updated from setup, so are running same version of cygwin. Both were on newly started mintty's, and, in the case of Win7, just-started VM. (My Win10 VM has been up for a day or so.)

I ran cygpath 100 times in a loop (for i in {1..100} …), using the loop variable as the parameter to cygpath. I ran each loop three times, then averaged the times. Thus the times below are for 100 cygpaths.

On Win7, times were .790/.145/.396.
On Win10, times were 1.340/.350/.650.

Not enough for me to worry about, but it might be for you.