ISO boost library help

Trying unsuccessfully (so far) to use the Cygwin-provided boost libraries. The
only boost-related package I saw was boost-build, which I've installed.

$ cygcheck -c boost-build
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
boost-build          1.63.0-1       OK
$

Google seems to be telling me that I have to build (compile) the libraries with
bjam, but finding no relevant documentation on how to do that from the Cygwin
package.

$ pwd
/usr/share/boost-build
$ ls -l
total 5
-rw-r--r--  1 knellis Domain Users 267 May 19 04:44 boost-build.jam
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 knellis Domain Users   0 Oct 24 12:01 example
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 knellis Domain Users   0 Oct 24 12:01 src
$ bjam
warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: Configuring default toolset "gcc".
warning: If the default is wrong, your build may not work correctly.
warning: Use the "toolset=xxxxx" option to override our guess.
warning: For more configuration options, please consult
warning: http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/configuration.html
error: no Jamfile in current directory found, and no target references specified.

$

Would appreciate some pointers.

--Ken Nellis