Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 2017-10-19 15:21, cyg Simple wrote:
> I'm not providing the name of the package because I don't need help
> configuring it and I don't want the discussion to become how to do that.

This is *exactly* what this discussion *should* have been about from the
beginning, because that would have been a productive discussion.  This,
unfortunately, has not been.

> I would float near you and SCREAM in your ear.  At least I have Brian
> thinking that config.guess needs to change so it has helped some.
>
> So, Vince, what is the triplet you like for x86_64 Cygwin?

This isn't a matter for debate and we're not taking a vote on it.  For
(hopefully) the last time:

1) our chosen toolchain triplet is x86_64-pc-cygwin.  This is what you
need to use when specifying --build and/or --host.
2) the output of config.guess is a default and does NOT reflect, or need
to match, our chosen triplet.  There is nothing to fix in config.guess.
3) the *correct* course of action if config.{guess,sub} do not recognize
64-bit Cygwin is to update those files (e.g. with gnuconfigize in cygport).

--
Yaakov