Re: problem with paste-from-clipboard

On 09/01/2017 09:03 AM, Ladislav DANKO wrote:
> is there any update on this please?

Top-posting,...

> On 15.05.2017 20:21, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 05/15/2017 12:09 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
>>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 15:11:00, Eric Blake wrote:

>> Thanks for the ping. I've now replied to that thread to ask upstream bash for help in deciphering if Chet, who wrote the code, might be aware of why it is
>> breaking things.
>>
>> That said, I still hope to get a closer look at it myself when I have a nice chunk of time; but the trick is still getting that nice chunk of time.

and then quoting text that describes discussion of the problem, but not
the problem itself, is not helpful.

Going back to your original email:

On 05/12/2017 01:50 PM, Ladislav DANKO wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have problem with "paste-from-clipboard" in cygwin. In ~/.inputrc
file I have just this line:
> "\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard
>
> I start cygwin terminal (as C:\cyg64\bin\bash.exe --login -i), from
another (say, GUI) place I copy
> some text into clipboard and I try to include it with Insert key to
cygwin terminal. Nothing happend.

I still have not had time to try and reproduce this issue.  But a short
answer might be that the clipboard behaves differently on cygwin than on
other systems; it may be that your key-binding worked, but that bash's
attempt to read from the clipboard found no data.

Does 'cat /dev/clipboard' output the data you are expecting to see?

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266