cygpath -w converts relative paths to absolute windows paths

Hi,

I've found that `cygpath --windows '../` will give back an absolute windows path.

I thought this would only happen if you provide the `--absolute` flag, or when the path is a special cygwin path.

But this occurs just for normal directories.

I have come across a situation where I need to convert ntfs symlinks to unix symlinks and back. Sometimes these symlinks have relative paths them. Now by using cygpath --windows, I get back absolute paths, which means the integrity of the symlink isn't preserved.

Can `cygpath --windows '../directory'` give back `..\directory` for paths aren't special cygwin paths? These relative backslashes are supported in Windows right now.

Thanks,

Roger

--
https://github.com/CMCDragonkai