Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 00:02:37, "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:
> Whoa!  While I agree there has been some very negatively charged comments
> coming from Steven in this thread, I don't think we need to start finding
> fault with everything he says and does relative to it.  It's perfectly
> fine for him, or anyone else for that matter, to monitor a thread or this
> list in whatever form works for them.  In this case, Steven corrected the
> problem when it was pointed out to him that his method was breaking
> threading.  That's a perfectly acceptable response and all we can ask of
> him in that regard.  There's no need to go looking for fault in that.

Thanks. I was put off by Eric at first, as it seemed he wanted me to do
everything, and I was not looking forward to fixing a low level bug like this.
Still am not.

> Let's try to keep this thread productive and moving forward.  While I
> would say, in my estimation, it got off to a rocky start, I think the
> recent exchange between Steven and Eric has done allot to track the
> problem and to scale back the negative comments.  Let's try to keep the
> thread moving forward on both fronts.

I would like to keep this productive; my next step is to try to unpack that
large commit, while also helping Eric to reproduce.

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 21:09:33, Doug Henderson wrote:
> I find it despicable that you want us to participating in solving a
> problem you encountered, but seem unwilling to subscribe so you can
> participate in solving problems that the rest of us encounter.

I am going to keep my response here civil, with repsect to Larry. I would like
you to know that I have answered more Cygwin questions on Stack Overflow than
anyone on the site:

http://stackoverflow.com/tags/cygwin/topusers

No, I am no subscribed to this list, but the point of my script is to allow me
to reply without subscribing. I can reply to any threads, not just my own.