Re: rename syscall failed with EACES and os returns NT_STATUS_TRANSACTIONAL_CONFLICT

On Oct  5 17:56, Rinrin wrote:
> Hi:
>   I'm trying to run some unittests with python os.rename function. But
> rename syscall failed with error code 13. From strace output I can see
> windows OS returns NT_STATUS_TRANSACTIONAL_CONFLICT(0xC0190001).
>
> python2.7 2576 unlink_nt: Opening
> \??\C:\Portable\PrivData\cygwin\tmp\tmp4enMfR for delete failed, status
> = 0xC0190001
>
>   see http://pastebin.com/iTwDN82S for full log of strace output.
>   I'm on Win 10 x64, Cygwin dll version is 2.6.0, still trying to make a
> demo to represent this issue.

This is weird.  A transaction is only started by Cygwin if the file
has the R/O DOS bit set, and Cygwin does not set this bit (unless
you use FAT or the "noacl" mount flag.

If this error is emitted for files without htis bit set, it's not
Cygwin's fault in the first place.

Corinna

Red Hat