Re: x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld lib dir configuration issue

On 8/28/2016 10:06 PM, Whek rin wrote:
> The utility x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld from package mingw-x86_64-binutils
> cannot by default find libraries from the path
> /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sysroot/mingw/lib, where the package
> mingw64-x86_64-runtime installs them. I believe this is a build
> configuration issue. I've attached a zip file which contains a test
> case which illustrates the issue. Inspect and run

Maybe but...

> build_hellotest_mingw.sh and it's output, in particular how it can't
> find e.g. libkernel32 without a -L argument to the correct location.
> I renamed the .zip to .z__ to get around the spam filters, you may
> need to rename it to open it.

If you're going to use ld directly then you shouldn't depend on defaults
regardless of the type of the library.  You should be using the
appropriate front end to do the linking but that doesn't mean you can't
use ld directly; use just have to do a lot more working to do the linking.

--
cyg Simple