Re: Strange permissions set when I create files in my home directory on windows 10

On Jul 30 14:38, Reckoner wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. By "home" directory, I mean "/home/". This is
> c:\cygwin\home on Windows but /home/ on cygwin.
>
> % icacls foo
> foo NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S,WEA,X,DC)
>     S4\jhu:(DENY)(S,RD,WD,AD,REA,WEA,DC)
>     S4\jhu:(D,Rc,WDAC,WO,RA,WA)
>     NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(DENY)(S,X)
>     NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(DENY)(S,X)
>     BUILTIN\Administrators:(DENY)(S,X)
>     BUILTIN\Users:(DENY)(S,X)
>     S4\None:(Rc,S,RA)
>     NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(RX,W)
>     NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(RX,W)
>     BUILTIN\Administrators:(RX,W)
>     BUILTIN\Users:(RX)
>     Everyone:(Rc,S,RA)

Can you please also show icacls and getfacl output from your home dir?
How did you create the home dir?  Did you try to change permissions
lately?  The attributes look like some process did a chmod uo-rwx but
that's a bit unlikely.  What's your umask set to?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat