Latest Ghostscript 9.19.1 problematic

I have had huge problems with the presentation of graphics (figures, diagrams, graphs)
since the GPL Post script update from 9.15 to 9.19.
(Won't go into details as it's external software.)
Reverting to 9.15, everything works again except that I am being nagged for a missing fle
> GPL Ghostscript 9.15: Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.
Can anybody please point me to an example gs_init.ps file,
and where it should be located?
Thank you.
Fergus
I realise the fundamental problem might reside outside Ghostscript and outside Cygwin,
but for the moment I am after a fix.